Why join Kiwanis?
You want to...
- make your community a better place for you and your family.
- give back to your community through meaningful service.
- meet good people and make long-lasting friendships.
- give Manchester's children and youth the opportunity to learn, grow, and become the leaders of the future.
These are just a few reasons why you might decide to join Kiwanis Club of Manchester.
If you're an energetic, community-minded person who wants to share the Kiwanis mission of improving the lives of children and youth and making the world a better place, then we need you.
- Kiwanis International initiatives. From the eliminating childhood diseases to building playgrounds, Kiwanians throughout the world live the mission of improving and enriching the lives of children.
- Come to a meeting, on us. Check out our meeting schedule, and come to The Derryfield Restaurant. Consider this your official invitation.
- Get your company involved! Learn about Corporate Memberships.
- Get the whole family involved! Learn about Family Memberships.
- Want to talk with a Manchester Kiwanian? Contact Gregg at email@example.com. He's awesome and will be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Kiwanians are responsible for annual dues to our club and to Kiwanis International which maintain the operation of the organzation ($125) and a one time criminal background check ($35) to protect the children and youth we help. Kiwanians are also responsible for the costs of their lunch and dinner at meetings, typically $15.
Kiwanians are also invited to participate in fundraising initiatives, which are FUN! These include the annual auction, baseball games, bowling, an evening of painting at Muse, and more. There are many opportunites, but they are not required. We generally ask that each Kiwanian participates in at least two events whether they are community service or fundraising, it's up to you.
The Kiwanis Objectives
1. To give primacy to the human and spiritual
rather than to the material values of life.
2. To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule
in all human relationships.
3. To promote the adoption and the application of
higher social, business, and professional standards.